Saturday, July 15, 2017

Blushing with Becca: Becca Blushed with Light Palette

Hey there! 

This is another installment of my travel makeup series. I've done 2 previous ones here and here

In true Kym fashion, I'm not going in sequence with my reviews. In my opinion, if you're going on long trips, it's great to bring palettes for variety. I love having variety in my makeup bag, it's probably why I have a collection that's slightly going out of control. I personally like to mix it up with my looks plus I like to have a blush that complements whatever eye look I'm going for that day. 

                                       

I bought the Becca Blushed with Light palette a while back at Sephora.ph for Php 1,265. If I recall, this was on sale and is already sold out. I've been eyeing this palette for a while and finally, late late at night, I finally bought it after staring at the picture for a good 30 minutes. The reason I initially didn't want to buy it was because I haven't heard much about this palette from my favorite makeup gurus. I rarely buy anything unless 3 or 4 of my trusted gurus confirm that something is good. After doing much research, I made up my mind to buy it because it seemed like it was a good deal. The palette contains one luminous blush in Snapdragon, and 2 mineral blushes in Songbird and Wisteria. 

left to right: Wisteria, Songbird, and Snapdragon

Swatches from left to right: Wisteria, Songbird, and Snapdragon

Becca blushes generally have great reviews and I figured this was a good way to test out the formula. I also found that the pan sizes are close to the full sizes, so all around a good deal. 

This blush palette is one of my ride or die palettes. I'm so sad this is limited edition. I brought this palette on my trip to Japan last January. Staying power was fabulous, it lasted on my all day, and this was with cold wind blasting in my face a good part of the day. The blushes are pigmented but still blendable. As long as you use a light hand, you'll never end up with clown face. Snapdragon has a shimmer throughout but makes your cheeks rosy like you're super healthy even though you barely go out in the sun. Songbird is my go to blush when I'm sporting a warmer look. Then Wisteria, oh Wisteria.... this blush is my favorite, it gives such a natural flush on my cheeks, it's subtle but still gives a bit of color. 

There you have it, my verbose and glowing review of the Becca Blushed with Light palette. Stay tuned for the rest of my travel makeup series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lippie Loves: Travel Makeup Edition

Hello! Welcome back to another installment of my travel makeup series, lipstick edition! If you're curious what makeup I brought wi...