Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Travel Makeup: Drugstore Edition


Hey there! 

I'm back with another installment of my travel makeup series, this time I'm going to show you the drugstore makeup that I brought with me. Mind you, some of these I am still testing out, so I haven't yet fully formed an opinion on them. 



First up, let's start with base makeup. I have the Catrice Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner


I got this at Watson's and I can't tell you how much it was because I'm not sure TBH. I swear I'll try to be better and put prices in later posts. I believe it was around the Php 300 to Php 350 range. I got this because I heard that this was a dupe for the tarte Clean Slate Primer. Now I haven't tried the tarte one yet but I was suckered into the whole dupe concept and bought this on a whim. I don't have concrete thoughts about this primer yet as I just started using it on this trip. So far, I haven't seen much of a difference, makeup-wise. I'll keep you updated.

Next up, let's take a look at the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal in the shade Light Ivory.


This baby retails for around Php 300 in Watsons however if you are a savvy shopper, you can buy it for much MUCH cheaper at an online seller for around Php 190 - Php 250. I've been through tubes of this stuff when I first started getting into makeup and I have another back up at home. This concealer is very nice, it's full coverage without looking cakey. I brought this with me because I'm trying to finish it up and it works great as an undereye concealer.


Next up is City Color Be Matte Blush in the shade Dragonfruit



This bright blush looks scary at first but if you use a LIGHT hand, emphasis on LIGHT, it can look amazing. It'll give you a rosy flush as if you are super healthy. I love these types of shades if I want a youthful look. This retails for around Php 300(?). I bought this a while back and can't really remember how much I bought this for. I'm loving this blush, it's super blendable and also easy to work with.

If I wanted to carve out my cheeks and maybe minimize the double chin that's starting to appear from eating too much chocolate, I brought the Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette in 010 Ashy Radiance.


I also got this fairly recently and this retails for Php 499 in Watson's. I don't know what prompted me to buy this, I thought I need to bring a contour shade for my travels but it slipped my mind that I had the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette at home. However, this little palette is pretty good. It has very cool undertone which is what you want in a contour powder and is very easy to work with. The highlight part is just ok for me. It is VERY subtle, too subtle since most days, I like to have my glow on.

Moving on to eyes, for eye primer, I brought the Essence I 💗 Stage Eyeshadow Base.


This retails for around Php 200. I got this at Watson's around the same time as the Catrice products. I needed an everyday eye primer because I was running out of my Wet n Wild eye primer. So far, this works pretty well. I manages to keep my eyeshadow vibrant all day.


For eyeliner, I brought the In2it Waterproof Gel Liner in GP02 Dark Brown


Again, this is another product I used to love when I first started out in makeup. I can't remember how much this is since this was my back-up. This liner is very decent, it glides on smoothly and lasts all daw, however make sure to either set this with coordinating eyeshadow or smudge this out because if you have oily eyelids like me, this will smudge like you wouldn't believe.

Finally, the bane of my makeup routine, mascara. I brought the Essence The False Lashes Mascara



I will just say I don't hate this mascara, I just hate applying mascara in general. My eyelashes are really long BUT they are stick straight and can't hold a curl, no matter what I do. I am still on the quest for the perfect mascara, one that will hold a curl and won't allow my lashes to droop down after a couple of hours. My friend Hollie recommended that I use waterproof mascara however those are a b*tch to get off and plus they damage your lashes in the long run. Rant over.

Going back to this mascara, it's not bad, it makes my lashes nice and volumized. However by midday, my lashes are looking a little sad and droopy. Oh well, the hunt continues.

That's it, my drugstore makeup that I brought with me this time around. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lippie Loves: Travel Makeup Edition

Hello! Welcome back to another installment of my travel makeup series, lipstick edition! If you're curious what makeup I brought wi...