Thursday, July 20, 2017

Lippie Loves: Travel Makeup Edition

Hello!

Welcome back to another installment of my travel makeup series, lipstick edition! If you're curious what makeup I brought with me, you can check it out here, here, here and here

Looking back on my previous posts, I realize the amount of makeup I bring with me is overly excessive, but honestly I thought when I was packing that it was "sufficient". I was away for more than 2 weeks so I wanted to have options with me. hehe

You're probably wondering why I would do a dedicated post on lipsticks, but I gotta tell you, I love lipsticks. Love them too bits. I like mixing it up. Mixing lipsticks to get a custom shade, gradient lips, bold in-your-face lips, I love them all. So I brought a mixture of lippies with me. 



I originally brought only 3 lippies with me, but I found that I had another 2 stashed away in my touch-up bag. Then I bought another one when I was on a day trip to Santiago. 

I believe that in any trip it's a good idea to bring one nude, one pink and one red. My current favorite at the moment is MAC Matte Lipstick in Kinda Sexy





















This lipstick is such a flattering nude. It looks deep on the swatch but it applies a bit lighter on the lips. Once on the lips, it instantly brightens your face, the perfect lippie for everyday or for smokey looks. I'm not sure how much this lipstick costs, but I believe around Php 900 - Php1200 (don't quote me). 

The second lippie is a liquid lipstick. This is one of the lipsticks I have in my small touch-up kit I bring around with me on the daily. It's the NYX Liquid Lingerie in Exotic




Top: NYX Liquid Lingerie
Bottom: Maybelline Lip Gradient

This liquid lip is very comfortable however it doesn't really last that long on me. But it's soooo pretty. Once applied on me, it's a rich dark dusky rose. I love it but I don't think I'll buy another one of these.... maybe. 

Up next I have NARS Schiap. 


I bought this when Rustan's Cebu had a sale. I got this for Php 1,500. I was looking for a bright poppy pink. This pink is definitely in your face pink. I'm still playing around it but I like applying it on the center of my lip and fading it outwards. If applied correctly, this shades makes my eyes sparkle. 

The next lippie is a recent buy, I bought this when we went on a roadtrip to Santiago. The Maybelline counter had this on sale and I've been super curious about this line. 

I bought the Maybelline Lip Gradiation in Pink2. 


This lipstick is feather-light. You don't really feel it on your lips and has a bit of staining effect. This is perfect for that gradiated effect and also full on. It has more red in it in than Nars Schiap. 

The last 2 lippies are both reds, and reds are my favorite shades of lipsticks. I may have a bit of a problem. 

The first red I have is Nars Jungle Red. 

I got this when I gifted a Sephora Favorites set. Sidenote: those sets are amazing value. If you have the opportunity to buy one, I say go for it. This red lipstick is a bright red. I don't really use it full on. I just dab it on my lips to give it a more blotted look. This lipstick has permanent residency in my handbag. 

The final lipstick I have is MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red. This is my favorite red lipstick. It is a dark red but I love it. It looks like one of those fifties red that you see on old Hollywood starlets. I love wearing this on dates and nights out.


Finally here are swatches of all the lippies I brought with me. 


I hope this helps. I'll see you next time for the final installment of my travel makeup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lippie Loves: Travel Makeup Edition

Hello! Welcome back to another installment of my travel makeup series, lipstick edition! If you're curious what makeup I brought wi...